CPR INSTRUCTOR COURSE
GUIDELINES & REQUIREMENTS
Purpose : To provide instructions and guidelines for becoming an AHA
(BLS or Heart-Saver) certified Instructor through HeartLights CPR Training Center.
Course Description : This course covers planning and preparation for courses, instructing courses, conducting written exams (if applicable), skills practice and skills testing and keeping your instructor status current. This course includes approximately 30 minutes of general information about instructing AHA courses, followed by course-specific information. Continuing education credits (CEU’s) are awarded depending on the individuals’ specific discipline.
Course Cost and Fees : The base Instructor Essentials Course fee is: $400.00. The Training Center annual alignment fee is: $55.00. ALL fees need to be paid in full prior to taking the online course. If you don’t align with HeartLights CPR the alignment fee is waived.
Requirements and steps for becoming an AHA Instructor
- Complete an Instructor Candidate Application prior to enrolling in an Instructor Course. (You must have at least 1-year experience in healthcare or teaching CPR to be considered.)
- Candidates must have a current “PROVIDER” card for the discipline you want to teach and be proficient in all the skills of that discipline. (BLS or Heart-Saver)
- Candidates must align with an authorized American Heat Association Training Center. ***HeartLights CPR is an official authorized AHATraining Center***
- Successfully complete the Instructors Essentials Online course and print the “certificate of completion”. Certification of completion must be presented at the classroom Instructors Essentials Course before class. (The Instructors Essentials Online key will be sent to you by email after full payment of instructors course.)
- Attend and successfully complete the Instructors Essentials Course at HeartLights CPR Training Center. Location: 1300 Diamond Springs Rd. Ste. 105 Virginia Beach, VA 23455
- ALL instructors must be monitored once within six months of completing the classroom Instructor Course.
The American Heart Association requires ALL instructors to be registered and confirmed (aligned) on the AHA Instructor Network. Aligning on the AHA Instructor Network will allow the Instructor to obtain and use the Instructor ID# that is required on all course completion cards.
HeartLights CPR, Inc. June 2013